Has a sudden collision with an 18-wheeler left you injured and unable to work? Have costly medical expenses and the burden of lost wages put you in a difficult financial situation? Depending on the circumstances of your accident, you may be entitled to recover monetary damages by filing a personal injury claim against the responsible parties.
At Eliot Reiner, APLC, our trial-tested Sacramento truck accident lawyer can walk you through the process of filing a claim and advocate for a fair settlement on your behalf.
Our firm stands apart from the rest of the pack for the following reasons:
- Millions of dollars recovered in verdicts and settlements
- More than 28 years of successful legal experience
- Invaluable insight as a former insurance defense lawyer
- 2105 Avvo Client’s Choice Award recipient
Tell us about your injuries in further detail during a complimentary consultation.
What are the Most Common Causes of Truck Accidents?
While truck accidents can be caused by a myriad of different factors, some are more common than others. These devastating collisions are oftentimes the result of truck driver negligence, causing those involved to suffer serious injuries such as broken bones, brain injuries, spinal cord damage, disfiguring soft tissue damage, and sometimes death. In many cases, this negligence is in direct violation of federal trucking safety laws.
Truck driver negligence can take several different forms, including:
- Driving too long without rest
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Overloading cargo
- Improperly securing cargo
- Failing to check blind spots
- Failing to signal before turning
- Skipping vehicle inspections
- Failing to properly maintain a vehicle
- Driving at inappropriate speeds
- Badly loaded freight
- Brake and steering failure
- Over-sized truck load
- Hazardous materials
- Jackknifed trailers
- Unsafe equipment
- Miscalculating a turn before taking it
- Driving in hazardous weather
Why Do Truck Driver's Drive Too Long Without Rest?
Despite state and federal laws that penalize truck drivers who operate commercial vehicles while fatigued, tight schedules and pressure from their employer to deliver on time can force a driver into a dangerous situation for which they believe there is no alternative.
Decisions such as this though can leave both a driver and their employer liable for damages, including injuries, in a crash.
Contact Us Today
If you were injured in a collision caused by negligent truck driver, you may be able to seek monetary compensation by filing a personal injury claim against several potential defendants, including the truck driver, the trucking company, the manufacturer of any defective truck parts that contributed to the accident, and the loader of the truck’s cargo.
If successful, you may be awarded monetary damages for things like medical expenses, lost income, damaged property, and pain and suffering. Since compensation will vary on a case-by-case basis, it is highly recommended you consult with a Sacramento truck accident attorney from our firm to determine your legal options.
Statute of Limitations on Truck Accident Claims in Sacramento
Personal injury claims in California are subject to a statute of limitations, or a window of time in which a person is permitted to take legal action. Under this statute of limitations, truck accident injury claims must be filed within two years of a person’s injury or discovery of their injury. If this time limit expires, a person may lose their right to seek compensation.
This deadline can sometimes be extended if the injured party was deemed mentally incompetent or was otherwise incapable of filing a claim within the allotted time. Injured minors are given until their 18th birthday to file a claim in addition to the two-year statutory period.
What Types of Damages Can I Receive in a Truck Accident Settlement?
When you partner with our aggressive truck lawyers in Sacramento, you will receive determined representation against trucking companies. Trucking companies are notorious for being aggressive and ruthless when it comes to negotiating claims. Eliot Reiner, APLC can help you receive compensation for the following types of losses when you are involved in a trucking accident:
- Medical bills
- Property damage
- Diminished capacity to work
- Pain and suffering
- Material damages
- Past and future lost wages
Causes of Accidents for 18 Wheeler Trucks
- Most 18 wheeler truck accidents are caused by human error. Human error is the leading cause of all traffic accidents.
- The trucking company may be held liable if they don't provide the necessary training to safely operate heavy vehicles. In addition, their cargo loaders may not have properly weighed and secured the loads. This imbalance may cause turns and lane changes to be affected.
- The design of the road may also be a factor, as large trucks and small cars sometimes don't belong in the same lane together.
Seek the Compensation You Deserve – Call (916) 778-3228
At Eliot Reiner, APLC, we understand the anguish you must be experiencing and are prepared to make every effort to ensure your rights are protected. Having earned a prestigious Super Lawyers® designation for our unparalleled advocacy, we can provide the top-rated representation you need to give you the edge in your pursuit of compensation.
Let us negotiate with the involved insurance companies and handle all of the paperwork on your behalf, allowing you to focus on your recovery with peace of mind.
Contact our Sacramento truck accident lawyers online today to get started towards filing a claim.
Thank You Eliot for Your Solid and Continual SupportD.C.
"Eliot cares about you as a entire person, not about the money."Miss Jean Graham
5 STARS !!!!!!K.G. & M.G.
Our Recent Wins
- $34,900,000 Truck-Bus Collision
- $2,000,000 Death of a child in a conflicted liability, trucking accident
- $1,500,000 Car vs Bicycle Accident
- $1,500,000 Car vs Bicycle Accident
- $1,500,000 Car vs Bicycle accident
- $1,400,000 Broken Pelvis