Due to the fragility and complexity of the brain, injuries to the head and brain are regarded as among the most serious kind of car accident injury. There are many kinds of head and brain injuries, each with varying degrees of seriousness and different lingering effects on your life.
- Concussions – These are internal head wounds which cause the brain to be shaken and sometimes bruised. Concussions are common occurrences in car, truck, motorcycle, and even bicycle and pedestrian accidents.
- Closed-Head/Traumatic Brain Injuries – These are cases in which the victim may be struck by an object, or by a fast-moving vehicle. The skull may or may not be fractured in such an injury. Sometimes the head is badly lacerated, requiring emergency surgery today and reconstruction work later.
- Open Head Injuries – Also called "penetrating head injuries," these occur when an object breaks through the skull and enters the brain.
- Coma – Many head injuries lead to a coma, sometimes induced by doctors, in which the victim is unable to regain full consciousness, often with no certainty of recovery.
Traumatic brain injuries are very often life-changing events, causing depression, despair, and even changes in mental capacity for victims. Brain injuries can affect thinking, sensation, language, and emotions. Victims may require long-term or even lifelong assistance. That is why you cannot wait another minute to get legal representation if you or your loved one has suffered a serious brain injury.
Importance of Getting Compensation for a Brain Injury
There are a lot of people that consider the brain to be the most important organ in the human body because it not only controls important body functions, it is also responsible for our ability to talk and remember events.
Depending on where the damage happens in the brain, a variety of symptoms can occur including, but not limited to:
- Disruption or loss of the ability to communicate
- Loss of short-term or long-term memory
- Personality and emotional changes
- Loss of ability to move
- Someone might remain in a persistent vegetative state or never regain consciousness due to coma
If victims are lucky enough to survive a brain injury, they have a long road to recovery ahead of them. In most cases, a brain injury victim requires extensive medical treatments and even more rehabilitation to return to some normality. Even then, there is no promise that a person will ever return to their normal life. A person may even require lifelong assistance doing everything from getting dressed in the morning to going to the doctors.
Get Compensation for a Life-Changing Injury - Call (916) 778-3228
It is worth pointing out that the cost of a brain injury isn't just determined by the physical price tag attached to it. Brain injuries can take their toll on the individual as well as their family who are oftentimes left worrying about their loved one's quality of life. There is also the concern about returning to work after recovering from a brain injury, which is another promise that cannot be made.
For these reasons and more, it is important to talk to a lawyer after suffering a brain injury.
Attorney Eliot Reiner seeks payment for medical treatment and rehabilitation in head injury and brain damage cases, for lost pay and job retraining, in addition to compensation for the physical and emotional pain your injury has caused. Compensation is often extremely important, both to victims and to their families who must cope with these consequences. Often, people with post-concussive injuries cannot return to the workforce. If you or a loved one suffered a brain injury in a California vehicle accident caused by another party, you have the right to seek compensation.
Thank You Eliot for Your Solid and Continual SupportD.C.
"Eliot cares about you as a entire person, not about the money."Miss Jean Graham
5 STARS !!!!!!K.G. & M.G.
Our Recent Wins
- $34,900,000 Truck-Bus Collision
- $2,000,000 Death of a child in a conflicted liability, trucking accident
- $1,500,000 Car vs Bicycle Accident
- $1,500,000 Car vs Bicycle Accident
- $1,500,000 Car vs Bicycle accident
- $1,400,000 Broken Pelvis