Oftentimes, car accidents are chaotic and stressful situations for all involved. This means keeping a cool head isn’t always the easiest thing to do, though it may be the most important. Whether or not you are injured, attempting to act rationally when you have been involved in a collision is not always easy. There are a number of important things to do after a car accident, as they can determine the outcome of the accident, including whether or not you are expected to pay for any damages incurred.
If you or a loved one is ever in a car accident, it is essential you do the following immediately after:
- Call 911 and request an ambulance if anyone has been hurt
- Pull over to the side of the road and turn on your emergency lights
- Exchange information with the other party, including insurance, contact information, details regarding their vehicle, and more
- Take photographs of the scene, including any damages to property, injuries, nearby road signs, etc.
- File your insurance claim as soon as you possibly can.
- Enlist the services of a legal team you can trust to fight for you, such as ours.
What not to do after a car accident is to admit fault, either by saying as much to the police or by apologizing to the other party. This may be held against you in the future.
Contact Our Trusted Sacramento Injury Lawyers Today
If you or a loved one has been involved in a car accident, it is important you don’t waste any time in enlisting the legal counsel, care, and representation of a Sacramento injury attorney you can trust to fight for you. Our dedicated legal team refuses to back down from a challenge, which is why you can rest assured you are in the right hands when you have us on your side. Allow us to be your guiding advocates throughout this process.
To reach a member of our firm, please don’t hesitate to contact us by calling (916) 778-3228.